Suzaka nestles in the Kiso Mountains a short train ride from Nagano. I worked in an apple orchard and it felt good to work outside in the fresh air, with good company and surrounded by snowy peaks. Each day at midday a loudspeaker bleeped lunchtime and later on, in the afternoon, a male voice floated slowly over the fields saying something, I don't know what. Both these sounds went bouncing through the clear air, echoing down the valley and I wish I'd had something to record them with; though the noises had officious roots they were calming and strangely beautiful. Anyway, I have no idea why I'm writing this as clearly there's no way to photograph such things. But what I could photograph was part of a wooden bridge in the sakura-splattered surrounds of Garyu Park.



0 comments:

Post a Comment